Sentia Australia Pty Ltd ACN 129 064 044, as operator of the online document services platform located at www.doccyapp.com (“Doccy” or “We”) manages the information that We collect from you in accordance with the Australian National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
1. Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
Doccy provides a service allowing account holders to upload documents with placeholders inserted, and to have those documents automatically converted into electronic templates and made available on the Site for end-users to populate with data.
Doccy collects personal information when you open an account or sub-account with Doccy, when you upload a document, and when you use the Site to enter data into a template. This personal information may include, but is not limited to:
- your name, address, phone number, contact details, birth date, gender, credit card and account details, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record, occupation and interests;
- as well as health and genetic information relating to you.
If your personal details change, it is your responsibility to update your Doccy account or sub-account with those changes, so that We can keep our records complete, accurate and up to date.
You are not anonymous to us when you log into the Site, upload a document or enter any data on the Site. To enable us to improve our existing services and to create new service features, Doccy may collect, and share with our service providers, customers and valued service partners, information about the way you use our services, including (but not limited to) the documents you upload, the templates you complete and the transactions you enter with our valued service partners.
When you use the Site to complete a template document, your user ID and all the data that you enter is visible to us, and will be made available to the customer that requested the creation of the template. However, We will not make that information available to any other third party unless it is necessary for the provision of our services, or We are required to do so by law.
Doccy does not in any way control, and does not accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for, the disclosure or use of personal information which is voluntarily disclosed by you when you use the Site.
Doccy may also receive and record information from your internet browser and computer, including IP addresses, cookies (see section 2 below), software and hardware attributes and your page requests.
In addition to data collected from your use of the Site, we may also collect data on your internet behavior from Facebook, other social media sites, and other services.
Doccy may use the information collected by it to provide our services, including (but not limited to) the following activities:
- identification and authentication of Site users;
- provision of completed template documents to our customers;
- to protect Doccy, its customers, and the users of the Site;
- to provide, maintain, protect and improve our services;
- to develop new service features;
- to ensure that Doccy receives payment of the fees due to it;
- to contact you (for example, to inform you about upcoming changes or improvements to our services);
- to conduct research;
- to permit content on the Site (such as third party advertisements) to be customised and/ or targeted, on an aggregate basis, to the users for whom it is most likely to be relevant;
- to expand our base of customers and end users;
- to undertake research and analysis, and generate data reports, using collected data on an aggregated, non-personally identifiable basis. We will make such research, analysis and reports available for both internal and third party use, but subject to any applicable laws (for example, We may show advertisers or investors trends relating to the general use of Doccy’s services).
Your contact information may also be used for accounting, invoicing and billing purposes, marketing purposes, by third party service providers to Doccy, and to respond to any enquiry you make. When you contact Doccy, We may keep a record of the communication(s) between you and Doccy to help resolve any issues you might have.
In certain circumstances We may use your email address to administer our User Agreement (for example, We may notify you of a breach, or action a request relating to a claim of copyright infringement) .
2. Cookies and Anonymous Identifiers
If you have registered on the Site then your computer or device may store an identifying cookie or anonymous identifier, which can save you time each time you re-visit the Site, by accessing your information when you sign-in to Doccy.
You agree that if you change the settings on your internet browser to block or restrict cookies (including cookies associated with Doccy’s services), or to indicate when a cookie is being set by Doccy, our services may not work as intended. You should remember that, while you may still be able to use the Site if your cookies are disabled, our services may not function properly on your device and you may not be able to take advantage of certain Doccy features.
3. Protecting and Maintaining Personal Information
Your account or sub-account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. We will take all reasonable steps to protect the information We hold about you from unauthorized access, use and disclosure, however We cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information, or that our systems will be completely free from third party interception or are incorruptible from viruses. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you send from your computer to us over the Internet will be protected by any form of encryption (encoding software) other than standard SSL encryption (or an equivalent), and nor do we guarantee that any data or file transmitted by us to www.dropbox.com in the course of providing our services will be secure or protected by any type of encryption. In light of this, We cannot and do not ensure or warrant the security or privacy of your personal information, including any payment and account details. You transmit your personal information to us at your own risk.
You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of your passwords and/or account or sub-account information.
4. Third Parties
Doccy utitlises SendGrid, Inc. (SendGrid) to provide automated email services and associated analytic services. You agree that SendGrid has the right to collect, extract, compile, synthesise and analyse non-personal information resulting from our use and operation of the SendGrid services (including but not limited to information relating to volumes, frequencies, receipients and bounce rates regarding emails and other communications that We generate and send using SendGrid’s services).
When you register on the Site you may be given the opportunity to elect (“opt-in”) to receive updates on our latest services, news and special offers, and those of our valued service partners (“Marketing Material”), via your Doccy account or sub-account, personal e-mail address, post or telephone. If you conclude a transaction on the Site, you may also be given the opportunity to opt-in to receive Marketing Material from Doccy and our valued service partners.
Once you opt-in to receive Marketing Material, You may, at any time, opt-out of receiving Marketing Material. To opt-out go to the profile link on the Site, uncheck the Receive newsletter checkbox then update your preferences. You can also click on the "unsubscribe" link in any email containing Marketing Material that We send you, or you can request an opt-out by emailing Doccy using the contact information provided on the Site. If you no longer consent to receiving Marketing Material then you must opt-out in one of these ways.
6. Administrative Communications
Doccy reserves the right to send you administrative and account-related messages that you may not opt-out of. To cease all communications to you from Doccy you must close down your Doccy account or sub-account.
7. Accessing Personal Information
We will allow you, at any time, to access, edit, update and/ or delete the personal information that We hold about you, unless:
- We are legally permitted or required to deny you access to, and/ or to retain, the information; or
- you make request(s) that are unreasonably repetitive, require Doccy to make a disproportionate technical effort (for example, to develop an entirely new system), risk the privacy of others, or would be highly impractical to comply with.
If you wish to access the personal information We hold about you, or to delete your Doccy account or sub-account, you should email Doccy using the contact information provided on the Site.
We need to prevent information in our systems from being accidentally or maliciously destroyed. This means that, where you delete information from our services, residual copies of that information on our active servers, as well as any corresponding information on our back-up systems, may not be immediately deleted.
You should bear in mind that We make all data you enter in a template document available to the customer that requested the creation of the template. We will not have any responsibility for updating the personal information that any of our customers holds about you, and you will need to approach that person or organization separately to update personal information held by them.
8. Privacy Concerns
Sentia Australia Pty Ltd ACN 129 064 044. All rights reserved.